The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linneaus in 1753. A high menthol content, like that found in the dōTERRA Peppermint essential oil, distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products.
Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally. Peppermint continues to be one of the bestselling favorites among dōTERRA essential oils.
- When ingested, Peppermint essential oil promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
- Peppermint oil promotes digestive health when taken internally
- Repels bugs naturally
- Combine a drop with a small amount of water and swish for a refreshing mouth rinse.
- Take one to two drops in a veggie cap to help alleviate occasional stomach upset.
- Add a drop to your favorite smoothie recipe for a minty twist.
- Place one drop in palm of hand and inhale for a midday pick-me-up.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Aromatic use: Add three to four drops to diffuser of choice. Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.