Frankincense Essential Oil
doTERRA Premium Frankincense essential oil is a proprietary blend of resins from four species of Boswellia trees, Boswellia carterii, Boswellia sacra, Boswellia papyrifera, and Boswellia frereana. Considered the ‘king of oils’, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits when used topically or taken internally.
Boswellia trees have been celebrated for centuries. The Babylonians and Assyrians would burn the tree resin in religious ceremonies and for contemplative meditation. The ancient Egyptians used it in perfumes and salves for soothing skin. Oil from the resin has long been used in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese health practices. According to pre-clinical research, Frankincense essential oil may promote healthy cellular function when taken internally.† Experimental research suggests internal use of Frankincense, high in α-pinene, may provide soothing effects to the body.† Because of the oil’s significant level of α-pinene, preclinical research also indicates Frankincense may help maintain healthy skin structure.† Nourishing and clarifying as an addition to daily skin care, the oil’s warm, spicy, herbal aroma creates a relaxing yet uplifting atmosphere.
Because Boswellia species used in doTERRA Premium Frankincense essential oil grow best in different soils and regions, doTERRA Co-impact Sourcing® is helping to diversify supply pressure and create future sustainable harvesting solutions.
- May help support healthy cellular function when used internally*
- Provides a comforting, uplifting aroma
- Helps to maintain healthy skin when applied topically
- Diffuse during reflection or meditation.
- Apply topically or add to cream or lotion to nourish and calm skin.
- Add a drop or two to a veggie cap as a part of your daily regimen.
- Aromatic use: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid or take one to two drops in a veggie cap.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.